Tuesday, July 1, 2008

And So Our Days of Our Lives

Although I have been more flexible regarding my list, I still have deadlines nipping at my heals. We are furiously working on loan applications, plot maps, and permits. Our new water vending machine will be here next month. To the left, is a picture of our new machine. Our goal is to pay this one off as soon as possible and buy as many as we can. I can see the top of the mountain leading to the valley of "out of the rat race." If I make it, I will be free at last!


Garrett finished his swimming lessons this week. The motto of this session has been bravery. My son has learned that bravery means doing something even if it is "scary." Many of the skills Garrett has learned this session has been scary to him. To his credit, he learned to do them anyway. He blew bubbles, put his entire head underwater, floated on his back, jumped into the deep end of the "kiddie pool," kicked his feet, and floated on his back and kicked his feet when rolled onto to his stomach. At the end of the week, he even jumped off of the diving board into the really deep water (his teacher caught him). To the right is evidence of his brave accomplishment.



Noah has learned to do many things this week including eating baby food. He really likes fruit especially apples. Our neighbor, Dan, brought over some apricots. Noah liked them as well. We have quite a garden. Even though many of our trees are newly planted, our peach and nectarine trees are burdened with fruit. Hopefully, Noah will like peaches and nectarines as well. Since I have been home this summer, he is really become a "momma's boy." He loves to be held, sung to, and rocked. But sometimes he cannot make up his mind if he wants to nurse or drink a bottle.

I must go as it is late, and I still need to finish dishes. I really like creating blogs. However, I wish I could put everything into a table format. It would make inserting pictures so much easier. If anyone has any suggestions, please leave a comment. Even if you just read our blog, please leave a comment. It is nice to know that someone else reads my blog besides me!

1 comment:

  1. For some reason your blog doesn't come up on my goggle reader, so I have to remember to check it. I will try and get it fixed. It is fun to see what you have been up too. I am glad you had such a fun visit with Grandmother!

    ReplyDelete